Monday, July 20, 2015

Hello

22345f791857d2be548438adb1804484Eemiu_badgeJust saw the new Pinspired Challenge at Ellen Hutson & got a card made before my busy days begin. Time crafting & commenting will be severely limited for the next couple weeks. I used the red, white & blue colors along with stripes for my "just because" card that will go to a blogging friend.  My one Ellen Hutson product is the gorgeous set of dies called Bold Blossom.  I used the smooshing technique with Distress Inks barn door, fired brick, faded jeans & weathered wood.  
I wish I'd done a second layer of color on the blooms so they were a bit more red instead of looking pink.  The 2 darker colors were used for the splatters--just love that look, so it's hard for me to leave backgrounds white now--LOL! I masked the edge of the card front using Washi tape to create the clear embossed stripes.  Luckily it dawned on me to add the thin, black strip--what a difference!
I'm not sure if other company's stamps are allowed for the challenge, so again I pulled out my favorite Heidi Swapp alphabet stickers & finished off with 3 white sequins.  I did use some scraps, so I'll take this to The Playground
We had a few days of cooler temperatures, but still no rain. Hope things are going well for you & I'll catch up with you as soon as I can.

25 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of these colors!
    Your card is beautiful and a perfect take on the mood board
    Thanks Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Greta, this really is so pretty - I love the freshness of the blue and pink. You're absolutely right, the black stripe is inspired - what a great finishing touch!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Greta!! That little thin strip of black is perfect and ties the sticker letters in so well. Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Greta,
    The composition of this card is wonderful, I like the subtle Pink of the flowers it contrasts perfectly with your supplementary Black.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card, Greta! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Greta, that black strip is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Subtle and elegant. Love these floral dies; your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fies Greta. They make an elegant card.

    Hugs and Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta....this is so sweet. Love your pretty flowers and the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it just the way it is! Gorgeous Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely, Greta! Love those floral dies in soft pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful Greta! The inky background looks wonderful! Love the die cut blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning Greta. Love the flowers and the splatters really make it special. The stripe of black is the perfect foil between the panel and the clear stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby blue and pink ... does it get any prettier?? Beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soft pink with the blue. This is so pretty with the side embossed stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That black stripe really made your card pop--the perfect addition. I love your splatters. Is it a stamp? I can't splatter for real worth a darn but I can stamp a stamp! Love this card. It all comes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeously pretty! I just got some of those die pieces and can't wait to play around with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These might be my favorite dies from EH, I love the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your take on the inspiration photos, greta... lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your card, Greta - bold blossom is my fave EH set - you're right - the thin black just sets off the flowers to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love your card! I recently got the die, but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No worries about commenting, Greta - just focus on what you need to do. We'll be here and we understand! Your roses...oh my! Another card of yours I adore...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.