Friday, January 23, 2015

Celebrate in Style

Two LONG days at work--don't know how I did full-time all those years--LOL!  I do have a beautiful country drive to get there & along the way is a farm with some peacocks.  A couple different feather stamps are on my wishlist, so no stamps to use for the current City Crafter Challenge Blog theme. 
However, I got these Spellbinders dies on a big clearance a year ago & finally opened the package. I'm a sucker for embossing folders & used a coupon a few months ago to get the Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Feather Illusion folder. Thought it'd be a great one to try out Alexandra's technique with paint you can see HERE.  I used Distress Paints seedless preserves & spun sugar.  I added a bit more paint directly on the cardstock--probably could have used a heavier hand with it on the folder.  Distress Stain brushed pewter was added randomly.  The die cuts were inked with the seedless preserves & then silver "dipped" (Versamark & silver embossing powder).  I also silver embossed the sentiment from PTI SAF 1920s & finished off with white satin ribbon tied in a bow.  
Girly birthday card ready for a friend, so I'm also entering at Seize the Birthday.  A scrap was used for the die cuts, so I'll join in at Pixies Snippets Playground. Thanks so much for taking time to read my blog.
Edited to Add:  Just realized I can enter the Dies R Us Challenge.
Grab our Badge!

22 comments:

  1. Greta, this is SO gorgeous! I love everything about this card - the embossing folder, the die, the colors, the "dipped" (!!!) feather - well, like I said, EVERYTHING! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Greta! Bet you had fun getting messy with paints along the way to this wonderful result :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta this is such a wonderful take on the challenge!! So very pretty!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant, Greta! Love how you used distressed inks on the embossed background! And, very pretty bow for this elegant card! Your friend will love it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards always make me gasp! This is beautiful. I love the soft look of it and the folder is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Greta. Love the embossing, the colors you chose and you tie a fab bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how pretty, greta!! the embossed/painted background is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your painted embossed background is so pretty Greta!! This is a wonderful birthday card and I love your pretty little satin bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta...this is a show stoppper! What a stunning card and I never thought of using distress inks with embossing folders, what a beautiful look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Greta you pulled out all the stops with this one...it is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous result my Friend!
    Thank You so much!
    Your card is delightful!!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful drive you describe for your commute to work! Natures canvas. Your embosser painted BG is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greta this is amazing. And a gorgeous take on our challenge. I especially love that fact that you used dry and heat embossing ( Good you used that coupon:)!!)These shades of distress ink are gorgeous and your card is dripping with elegance. So good to see you; thanks for being with us at CCCB. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you found us Greta! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the color you chose and the design is PERFECT! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘USE AN EMBOSSING FOLDER along with your dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta, your "work" comment made me laugh.
    Your drive to work sure sounds like a treat!

    What a lovely card you've created!
    I love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH OH OH! This is awesome! I love the colours & the feather...ohhhh...I'm such a sucker for feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Greta. Love the embossing and the colors. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love the texture! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girly-gorgeous, my friend! The embossing paired with the feather die-cut is striking! WOW! Your drive to work sounds fabulous, even though 'full time' hours are exhausting! I can't figure out how, back in the day, I taught, marked mountains of assignments, and still 'did' things! Must have been much younger and energetic *grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.