Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week in Review




We had our last day at Detroit Lake & the boat is now back in the garage.  Hubby got in the water, but the air temps were a bit chilly with the wind, so I just enjoyed riding in the boat.

We also celebrated our 34th anniversary. The card he gave me said "I love being in the same boat with you." Pretty sweet (& appropriate!), huh? 

An incredible storm with thunder, lightening & heavy rain reminding me of a summer with my grandma in Indiana hit while I was at work. My desk is next to the window & wow--it looked like the lightening was right there!

This week was my last chance to get ready for my sister's visit.  The guest room is also one of my craft storage rooms.  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I even had the bed covered. Don't worry--I won't show you--even I couldn't bear to photograph that disaster--LOL! Happily, I did manage to uncover the bed & organize the storage bins/boxes so she can use the room. Hubby is still recovering from the shock!

Last night after work (not a fun day) I was really ready to make a card & this time I did a small one (3x3 3/4) for the PTI MIM challenge using fabric stabilizer (I used Wonder-Under) for fabric diecuts.  It was fun to find a few old fabric scraps I'd kept. This one was just what I had in mind for the Trendy Tree Tops die.  I attached the fabric die cut to another one I did from thin cardboard.  The cardboard heart was covered with gold Stickles & put back into place.  I used green felt for the trunk & did stamp it in green with the matching stamp before attaching it with foam tape.  "Thanks" is from the same stamp set.  
I love this thin brown velvet ribbon & it was just right for the look I wanted. The edges are distressed & the card is finished off with 3 tiny gold dot stickers. 

Off to do the final house cleaning. Thanks for your visit & I hope to see you again tomorrow for the DeNami Blog Hop--got that card done early. Enjoy your weekend.
  

20 comments:

  1. So sad to have to retire the summer fun huh :( But that's the way Mother Nature rolls!! Happy belated Anniversary, sounds like hubby had his thinking cap on!! Your fabric card is just so darn cute Greta!! I didn't have time to play along, but I do plan to try it at some point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the autumn-y colors of your fabric, Greta! It is a beautiful card!

    You are looking good there! I am sure you will miss time up on the lake. Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Greta and happy anniversary too! Love your sweet card, great use of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mini-card with al the fabric, Greta!! And such fun you had on the boat before the cold weather comes your way. I sooo glad I'm not the only one who has craft supplies sneak onto the guest room beds! And the floor too - oh my!! Have fun with your sister visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a bit sad to realise that summer is ending when you bring the boat home Greta. It looked lovely on the lake. Just love the card with all the fabric. Happy Anniversary too. Enjoy your visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Greta!! That is a very sweet card hubby gave you, huge congrats on your anniversary. We just celebrated our 10th last weekend :) love seeing the photos at the lake, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is gorgeous! I love the combination of materials! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer is too, too short! Love that photo of you. Happy Anniversary.:*) I know you will have loads of fun with your sister. And, you did a fabulous job with that card, Greta! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A visit from family is such a good motivator!! I'm always so glad when the guests finally arrive so I can stop my marathon cleaning!! Enjoy your visit! Your days on the lake look like such fun! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Greta! I guess having a guest over to your place motivates you to work harder, right! Lovely picture of the lake and have a great time with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used fabric on a card and see that I should give it a try. I may have a couple of scraps still hidden away! Enjoy your sister. I can identify with the Guest/Craft room combo! Been there and had to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw! Beautiful! I've never used fabric on my cards before (with the exception of felt flowers) I love yours, every element is perfect. Happy belated anniversary and for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, what lovely photos, & an absolutely DARLING card! (Don't you just love using the smaller size!!?

    Happy Anniversary! Awwhh, what a PERFECT sentiment on your husband's card to you.

    OH, I think we can all relate to your "cleaning up for a visitor" story. You had me LOL! Enjoy your visit with your sister.

    Could you send some cooler temperatures our way?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary Greta, wishing you and your hubby many more years!! Love the saying that was in the card he gave to you, that's called "sweet Love" LOL !!
    Your card designs are so unique and gorgeous in design, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Greta,

    What a lovely post!
    You know I love it when you include pictures of your awesome life ;-)
    Your card makes me think of chocolate and velvet with its rich texture, superb my Friend!

    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your week in review is wonderful - and it sounds like this one was particularly busy! Love reading the snippets of highlights! Happy Anniversary (belated...oops!), and wishes for many, many more years of the two of you 'sharing the same boat'! Your card = stunning! You must be well into super-excited for your sister's visit! Looking forward to stories and photos, too!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again - congrats on your big win over at SSS! SOOOOOOO happy for you, my friend!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  18. That post was so great, Great! I love it when you post photos of Lake and you in the boat looking tanned and young and contented! Your card is AWEmazing! I love all that texture!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.