Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sister Time

Sorry I haven't gotten to all your blogs, but I'm working on it.  My nephew picked my sister up at the airport & then I brought her to my house.  It was fun to see my nephew & his family--babies grow up so fast!  Monday was a scheduled work day, but they didn't need me, so after an hour I got to go home.  This morning we left home at 4am to take hubby to the airport for another trip researching his maternal grandparents & now it's really "sister week!"  We started off making cards--surprise, surprise! Mine is for the Impression Obsession die challenge.  Since I own one IO die, I started by die cutting the Solid Tree die, DIE006-V, with thin cardboard & cardstock I inked with 3 brown shades.  I glued them together to make my own thin chipboard.  I masked a small area & inked it with 3 Distress Inks for the background.  
The sentiment is Marvelous, C5171. I distressed & softly inked the edges & then popped up the panel on my card. 

Laurie has an anniversary coming up, so decided to make a card for her hubby. They just finished re-doing the backyard which involved moving tons of rocks & laying stones.  One of her favorite things is the glide rocker. I'm telling you all this so you understand why she immediately picked this MFT sentiment stamp. I didn't have any paper or stamps or embossing folders with rocks, but then she realized she had a picture on her camera. 
Card My Sister Made
I found a Spellbinder that worked to make the frame she wanted & she put together this clever card.  
I know her hubby will love it!

I do appreciate all the comments & I will get around to see you soon.  PS--Laurie says to tell you hi, Sue.

Edited to add: I'm entering my card in the challenge at Penny Black & More.



20 comments:

  1. Greta, your card is wonderful! I love the dimension of your layered tree. And the sponged panel behind it is so pretty. Wonderful job. Your sister's card is awesome, very cool that she likes to craft too! And I got the you rock immediately, ha!, great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous as is Laurie's. What fun to spend time with your sister. I don't have a sister so can only guess at what fun it will be. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I love the the tiny shade with silhouette tree, Greta! Such a creative card to incorporate the photo on the die cut. Have lots of sista fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your sister time! How fun to craft together!! Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SISTER TIME! Sounds like you are having fun, enjoy one another! Always love your cards but this one...it's really great! Super clean lines, wonderful colors, perfect sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design, clean and modern but elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're having fun! Love both cards. Your sister's hubby will TREASURE his, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, this is just gorgeous! I love the colors you chose for your shadow behind the tree. They really make it pop and the simplicity made it perfect for your sentiment too! How creative and beautiful!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... your card is just gorgeous, greta!! the sponged panel is amazing!! love your sister's card, too!! enjoy your "sister time"!
    !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, I like this card! It's simple but just striking. Great job.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! Enjoy your time with your sister. Sending you smiles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are enjoying your time with your sister, so fun for both of you. Your cards are fabulous but the one with the tree is stunning with the stamping behind it, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So special to create and share memories with your sister Greta, both the cards are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fabulous this post is: a stunning card by you, one by your sister and SISTER TIME! I can imagine the fun you two are having! Oh, the memories you are creating! Enjoy yourselves immensely!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards! Enjoy your sister time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow wow!! Sounds so FUN I am so LUCKY to be blessed with 3 sisters and I LOVE them dearly!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I LOVE your card so beautiful and peaceful!! Your sisters card too!! ;) thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have four sisters and I can imagine how happy you must be, Greta. Love both the cards, great inking and design on first one and love the second card with the picture, so special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A totally lovely card Greta, thank you so very much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.