Thursday, September 12, 2013

Penny Black Color Challenges

banner


I'm a bit late, but in case you've missed it, check out the Penny Black blog this week. There's a new color combo challenge each day & you have until Sept. 27th to play along.

colorfulxmasMy sister & I are having a great time (no men around to keep happy--LOL!)  Laurie only crafts when she's with me, & that's a shame as you will see by her beautiful card I'm sharing.

We pulled out some old Penny Black stickers & got to work.  Laurie took the Day 1 color combo.  She was able to change the green on the ornament by using glitter.  Love the layers she chose & the one rounded corner--& of course, the dots of Stickles & a pearl. The panel is mounted with foam tape.
My Sister's Card 

colorfulxmas-tuesdayI decided to make a Valentine's Day card & began by cutting out the flowers from one sticker & layering it on my other one. (It's always great to buy 2 of a sticker sheet so you have this option.) I added Antique Linen stickles as the color combo I'm using is from Day 2. I also used a COPIC marker to change the stems to a shade of the blue we're to use & hopefully that's close enough--LOL! My sentiment is from Penny Black's "butterfly symphony", 30-148, clear set.  Love the row of hearts sticker--fun & easy to use.
Greta's Card

Thanks for stopping by. Off to tackle some of the other color combos--hope you'll join in! (Sorry about the formatting--can't figure out Blogger!)


18 comments:

  1. Hello Greta
    So happy that you two are having so much fun.
    The cards are fabulous.
    I am watching the America's Cup Challenge in San Fran on the TV. WE ARE WINNING!!!! New Zealand that is.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous cards by you and your sister, Greta! Love all the shimmer!! Isn't crafting together fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ladies you are cranking out some amazing cards!! Greta I think your sister needs a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely set of cards, greta! can't believe that you both used stickers on your cards... looks like you are having a fabulous time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister time is the best time ... and no guys to feed and water!! Love how you used stickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely pair of cards; both beautiful and unique! And the time shared: only toooo marvelous! You'll need to convince your sister to stick around longer (or move closer) so she can craft more often! You're a talented twosome!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Greta, both you and your sisters are very talented. two festive creations. awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Great, you girls are magic makers with those PB stickers! I have some I just uncovered - never even occurred to me to "transform" them, so thanks for that neat trick! And you are right about Raulie's (it seemed only right) talent. It's a shame she doesn't make cards more often! Enjoy the rest of the visit! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb cards from you and your sister. The colours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun that both of you are enjoying making the cards together! Both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Amazing Creations Great!! I LOVE the added touches like the glitter!! So Perfect!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card!very pretty!!!Love the glitter!!!So glad you are both enjoying yourself,Have a Blessed weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have been a busy bee...lovely cards Greta. I love just about anything with glitter but your ornament card is simply stunning! Sounds like you having a fabulous time too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Greta,

    I love them both! Great Takes on the color combos ;)
    Hope you had a lovely week-end my Friend!

    Hugs from the Midwest~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are beautiful, Greta! I love the touches of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A talented family! How fun to have a sister to stamp with you and you both created beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both your cards, Greta.Beautiful color combinations and love all the glitters, wonderful details on each one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.