Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Turn to Travel

Very early in the morning hubby takes me to the airport & I'm off to see my Indiana family--the only ones left on my Dad's side of the family.  My cousin's wife has scheduled fun activities for the whole time I'm there.  If everything works out, I'll also get to meet some card-making friends in person--always such a treat! I won't have much computer time, so hope you understand when I don't visit you for awhile.

Here are the last of the Penny Black Color Challenges cards my sister & I made.  Laurie's Day 4 card uses an Impression Obsession tree die & a Penny Black sentiment from "in a pear tree", 30-035.  I stamped & trimmed the flag for her & she sponged the snow & did everything else.  Hard to tell, but she added Shimmer Spritz to the tree & the snow.
Laurie's Card

colorfulxmas-thurs

colorfulxmas-friday
My card is for Day 5.  I stamped "melle papillon", 4300K in Delicata Golden Glitz.  I purposely used the Spellbinder Lacy Circle die so her dress would go past the circle. The butterflies were very lightly colored with a Faber-Castell colored pencil & her hair was lightly watercolored with Memento ink. The labels die is a Spellbinder & the embossing folder is Cuttlebug.  Thanks for all your sweet comments & you will hear from me when I get home.
Greta's Card

17 comments:

  1. Have fun in Indiana:-) love both these beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! Hope to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous pair of cards, Greta! You're such a strong, thoughtful influence on your sister, encouraging her to let her creativity shine! And your card is absolutely beautiful! Wishes that you have safe travels, a wonderful visit and a return home full-to-the-brim with memories to treasure! I'll miss you!! Hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and wonderful vacation Greta! This is a pretty pair of cards, you too work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a wonderful trip, my friend!! and stay safe... have so enjoyed seeing all the lovely cards that you and your sister have made over the last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Laurie did a great job with the color combos! Love the simplicity of her card, and your card is too cute with the jewels in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are just beautiful Greta. Enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun in Indiana, Greta! Both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have safe travels my friend!! I've enjoyed getting caught up on your creations- you really make Penny Black products shine!! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with family and friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the scallops on the diecut circle became part of the dress!! Great cards. Travel safe, have a good visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card with lovely girl image! Take care and have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be safe, have fun and enjoy your family! Love both of these cards, especially the JOY tree! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fantastic! Enjoy your visit and have safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of these! Congrats on the tweet from PB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are having fun with your family! You and your sister were on a creative roll with the card making!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Greta! How I love your beautiful cards!
    Safe Travels my Friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this sweet card! hope you are well my friend :) have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.