Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Less is More with Penny Black

Penny Black is playing along with the Less Is More challenge this week, so I joined my Stamp Squad sisters (Judy, PennyRosemary & Lin) and came up with this CAS card in Fall colors.  I used Penny Black's "berry wreath" (4200K)--a stamp I was immediately drawn to the first time I saw it.  I colored directly on the stamp with Distress Markers bundled sage, barn door, spiced marmalade, dried marigold & fired brick.  Did you know these markers do not cross contaminate--no idea how that is possible!  Anyway, after inking, I spritzed & stamped on watercolor paper.  I die cut it with a Spellbinders circle, glued it to one corner & trimmed it even with the edges of the panel. After doing the same thing with what was left to the opposite panel corner, I used a smaller circle die on the 2 corners.  This stamp is beautiful with Stickles added to the dots, but you then loose the watercolor effect.  The sentiment stamp is also Penny Black ("moment of joy", 4303F)--one of my favorites) & I stamped it in Versafine Vintage Sepia. The panel is mounted to a kraft card & this will probably be a Thanksgiving card to one of my on-line stamping buddies. Hope I've inspired you to play along.  All the details are on the LIM Blog.  So glad you took time to visit my blog.

20 comments:

  1. Hello Greta
    Love those cut out corners, with the floral edge; very pretty. Great CAS card.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta I am in love with this card, GREAT design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever way to use a wreath stamp, Greta! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a pretty, pretty card, Greta! Using the wreath as you did is brilliant, and the distress marker colouring is fabulous (they are amazing, aren't they)!! Gorgeous card! Has your sister arrived? Oh, you two will have soooo much fun together!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn creation, Greta! I love the way you inked up that berry wreath---just gorgeous! And your layout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card and a very true sentiment! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Greta, this is incredible! The sentiment is absolutely lovely, and the unique layout & that gorgeous wreath stamp & colours...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did here! So out of the box in an idea!! Delicate, colorful, elegant and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unique design, Greta! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty Card!Love the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning CAS design, greta... makes for a totally gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very unique and beautiful, love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. delightful Greta. Love the way you did the corners. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is simply stunning

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a unique and wonderful design, Great!! I JUST got that stamp and love it. I especially love how you made it the focus pocus of your card!! This is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning! I adore the semi circle cutouts...what a beautiful design! So unique and so perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful design Greta, unique and striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabulous card Greta...love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This design is amazing, Greta! I love the curves and the beautiful Fall colors that take the stage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.