Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back Home & PTI Blog Hop

I had a wonderful week visiting my cousin & his family in Indy. His wife planned lots of activities to keep us busy while he was at work. On Saturday the rain & humidity were gone & a group of us took the Segway tour along the canal downtown.  Oh what fun & I actually had no trouble maneuvering the Segway! From there I had the special treat of meeting my friend, LindaWe connected in July 2010 when she saw my layout of Indy pictures & we've been friends ever since. 
Turned out Joy O., Kathy W. & Deborah N. were at her house for a crafting party, so I met all of them! There's a picture in Linda's photostream.

September-Blog-HopIt was a long day of travel, but I had seen the PTI Blog Hop theme while waiting for my connecting plane in Minneapolis (I waved to Barb & Linda W.) so had an idea of what I wanted to do. A week of no cardmaking had me in withdrawl, so before bed I made my card. 
I used a cardstock circle frame for the base to glue on die cut felt leaves from PTI's set The Sweet Life. I used spray adhesive to attach the burlap to a square of kraft cardstock which was then mounted to the card front & the wreath was attached with foam tape. The sentiment which expresses my feelings to my dear cousin & his wife is from PTI Lovely Leaves.
Lots of catching up to do, so I'll be visiting you soon. Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the hop!

Edited to add: I'm entering my Autumn card in the Penny Black & More challenge. Edited to add: I'm also entering the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.


28 comments:

  1. love your card, greta... the felt and burlap look absolutely fabulous together! looks (and sounds) like you had a fabulous time visiting your family and getting to meet crafty friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rustic autumnal wreath. The felt and burlap compliment each other perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time with your family! How fun to meet your friends as well! I really like your card ~ burlap is so in right now. The felt leaves are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a fabulous time! I loved your photos. Beautiful card too, love your use of burlap, so fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! Sounds like you had a fabulous time visiting family and meeting up with friends! I've missed you, your posts, your cards and your comments, so seeing this today has me happy dancing! Such a pretty card; the burlap and felt creates such a warm, cozy feeling! Wonderful!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to ride a segway last summer-- it was so fun!
    Your card is lovely! I love the texture you added with the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!! Great pictures too!
    and I LOVE your card!! So PRETTY!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your felt on the burlap! And how fun that you were able to meet up with a bloggy friend, and even more crafting folks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to finally meet in person! Glad you could come by and meet everyone! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How FUN to ride the Segway as I have seen them everywhere in the bog city tours! It must have been awesome to meet all the crafting friends! (Linda is a sweetie!). I love that you used felt for the wreath (I happen to have a post about felt next)! The colors are perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're back, Greta! Your card is super cute - love the burlap and felt combo! Sounds like your Indy trip was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The felt & burlap go together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're back! Yay! Your visit sounds like it was a lot of fun! I love that you got crafty before you fell into "ah, my own bed" bed! And I love what you did, Great! Sweet and rustic with tons of texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Greta. Looks like you had a great time on the Segways

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felt and burlap go great together...your card is so sweet....I just want to touch the wreath !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Greta! Looks like you had quite an adventure!!! Those Segways look like so much fun! And how awesome you were able to meet so many Flickr pals!!! I loooooove your card- the burlap and felt are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful Fall card, Greta! I love all the texture of the felt and burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It must have been fun to be on the segways. Lovely fall card and love the burlap with the velt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun to meet crafting friends Greta, seems like an enjoyable time for you in Indy:-) Love your sweet card, the bright colors are so pretty on the burlap!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is filled with rustic charm. Your use of texture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello dear Greta!
    I've enjoyed your post so much!
    How wonderful that you too could meet and then more friends?!
    So happy for you!!

    I cannot believe you still had enough energy to make this beauty especially since you were traveling from the east! wow! I love the fabulous wreath and your idea of using burlap for the background is genius!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous texture and design. love this wreath!! so nice you got to meet Linda :) Hope we meet next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this cute wreath! Great colors and textures. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, the textures and colors on this are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back, Greta! The segways look like lots of fun! Love the texture you've created with the burlap, felt and gemstones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Greta, this is gorgeous!! I love the combo of burlap and felt. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful! so much texture and color...i love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.