Saturday, July 20, 2013

Watercolor Birthday Card

Thank you all for the caring & hugs.  It means a lot to me.

This week's PTI MIM video showed how to watercolor an image & then over stamp after inking just the outer edges of the image.  I don't have PTI flowers like Erin used so I chose Harvest Berries--one of my favorite sets.  Love that it has matching dies & I used one for the small image.  I actually found my one small watercolor set that hasn't been used in years. Instead of a coordinating ink color, I used gold & the effect is beautiful in person.  All the edges are also inked in gold.  The sentiment is from PTI Quilled Elegance & is stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the kraft panel & all the layers are mounted with foam tape.  I didn't plan it, but I think this could be for a guy.  I'm also entering the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World & the Birthday Celebrations challenge at A Passion for Papertrey.  I love hearing what you think, so thanks for leaving a comment.
Edited to add: I'm adding this card to the challenge at Seize the Birthday.

24 comments:

  1. such a wonderful technique, beautiful birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta you did a fabulous job, this is beautiful!! Love the chocolate ribbon too. Enjoy your weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love how you used this image....just lovely in every way! That fussy cutting and ribbons are stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful card Greta. Love the gold around the edge of the watercoloured image and the added touch of the fussy cut piece was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gretra
    This is just beautiful and I love the dimensional flower it creates so much interest.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful & elegant design Greta. The decoupage flower is very effective and I love the earth tones. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your elegant card dear Greta!
    Hope you're feeling better today
    Sending you a big HUG ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta: STUNNING! I popped over to watch the video, and you have absolutely excelled in following the technique! From the colours, to the layout, to the 'special touches' of the fussy-cut flowers+button+ribbon, this is an eye-catching, gorgeous card! Your willingness to explore and try new techniques: inspiring!! Wonderful! Hugs to you, and have an excellent Sunday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, Greta! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous...as usual. Thanks for the link on the video...will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a neat technique! I love the button & ribbon combo, and it totally could be a guy card (that's hard to do with ribbon! Well done!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, Greta!! This is fabulous. Love the neutral tones. Hope every day gets a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gold! What a fabulous idea, and to pair it with Harvest Berries is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...WOW...I love this GORGEOUS card, Greta!
    Great stamping, design, texture, layers, ribbon, & colors.
    Every detail is just perfect. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning birthday card...love all your fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!Beautiful card!!!Hope your feeling better,Have a good evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stamping! And just the right finishing touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so earthy and visually stunning. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH, just beautiful...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another masterpiece - I couldn't possibly pick a favorite from the two - they are equally gorgeous! Thanks again for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Greta! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.