Monday, July 1, 2013

July 4th Card



I really like the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!  & used it for my last July 4th card.  The embossed stars (Cuttlebug) have a bit of Stickles in the centers--hard to see in the photo.  The heart with the star is mounted with foam tape.  It's from a local stamp company where I taught some classes & made sample cards for their store until they went out of business. The sentiment is an old one still available from another Oregon company--Peddler's Pack.  I spent the longest time trying a variety of ribbons & finally hit upon this combination which gave me the look I wanted.  Hopefully it will make it to my cousin & his family in time for the holiday.















Check out the happenings on the Penny Black Blog.  There's lots of inspiration & prizes up for grabs!

thetwinery  artglitter2.5inch

Thank you for coming by & leaving me a comment.  Hope you're having a great week.

16 comments:

  1. What a great combo, love the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this festive card, Greta! The embossing looks awesome with the red, white and blue elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love that heart stamp, and the embossed background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Greta. Love the heart. It is quite arty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the 4th of July, as well as the challenge! Your cousin and his family will be delighted to see it in their mailbox! The Cuttlebug folder is one I have; a reminder that I should give it an 'outing' at some point! Have a fantastic Tuesday!1
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossed stars and star and stripes heart! Perfect ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card!Very Pretty!Love the embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! i love the layered ribbons...perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! I love your embossed star background, really makes for a festive card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another absolutely fabulous 4th of july card, greta!! love that little red, white & blue heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super patriotic card! Love the embossing and sweet fun heart! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Greta!
    the addition of the ribbon going under the panel is genius!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh I like those embossed stars! This is the cutest patriotic card Greta, sweet little heart focal too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that sentiment, ribbon treatment and embossed stars! CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great design Greta! I particularly like the embossed stars....great folder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.