Monday, July 22, 2013

It's Wedding Time


I seldom have the need for a wedding card, but this summer one of my college roommates from 100 years ago is getting married.  She's been single a long time & I'm so happy they found each other.  I found 2 ribbons in my collection that are very close to the colors on the announcement.  One layer cards are not something I usually make & I didn't actually plan it for this card.  Sometimes things work out better without too much thinking about it. Penny Black makes the most gorgeous background stamps & I chose "peacock feathers" stamped in Encore! Ultimate Metallic Silver with clear embossing powder.  Love the soft silvery shine--not overpowering for this simple card. The sentiment is from Penny Black's "lace delight" set.  The beautiful font was just what I wanted & stamped perfectly in Memento Gray Flannel.  Three white sequins finish it off.  

I used Penny Black's "the bride" for the inside greeting & added just a small row of the "peacock feathers"--leaving room for me to write a personal message.  I put off making this card for weeks--not sure why.  This was a really fun card to make & I hope Cindy will like it.  Thanks for taking time out to visit my blog & hope you've found something to inspire you.

bannerBe sure to check out the Penny Black blog for a new contest with 3 prizes! 




16 comments:

  1. This is just lovely Greta! It's simple but it packs a real punch. Your "ancient" LOL friend will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful this card is! Cindy will adore it. I love PB stamps and this background is one of the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding card inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the card is just beautiful, greta! i'm positive that your friend will absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Greta!! Congrats to your girlfriend! Love the ribbons treatment and choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Greta. Your friend will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Great!! I'm sure Cindy will love it, especially since you made it so personal with her colors! (I'm not prezactly sure what she can see, being (near as I can figure) 121 years old, but you can tell her what the colors are and how pretty it is!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Greta! I love the sentiment; she is going to treasure this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, what a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the pretty colors & design!
    I always enjoy using background stamps. You used the PB stamp so beautifully!
    (OH MY...you were in college 100 years ago!!!??? Ha! You made me LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!!!Love the design,great sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful wedding card...so classy and elegant and I am sure the new couple will love it. I have to tell you that is was funny to read that you were in college 100 years ago, I too use the phrase a lot so it is nice to see that I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card to celebrate Cindy's marriage; elegant, classy and quite obviously infused with tremendous love and joy from her friend of "100 years"!! She will be thrilled with this; a keepsake for sure!! Being a bride at any time is exciting, but 'later in life' makes it extra special (I was 51 when my husband and I were married!!) Hope you're invited to the wedding and that you have a chance to celebrate this most "merry" event!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Greta! What a beautiful card!

    Just wanted to stop by and let you know that you were my winner in my washi tape giveaway this week! Be sure to stop by and check out this post:

    http://mylittlesliceofbliss.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-winner.html

    Congratulations! I can't wait to hear from you. :D Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the sentiment such a beautiful card! A perfect way to celebrate a special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's intimidating to make a card for a special occasion like this - you know these are the cards that are saved & taken out years from now, and I know that makes ME put it off! I love the colours - the bright pops of ribbon are fabulous. Congratulations to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the double ribbon! And as Jessi says...a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.