Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

CD_21

Wishing all my fellow Americans a Happy 4th of July!  Hope you have a great time with family & friends as we celebrate our country & pray for better days ahead.  The Ten Minute Craft Dash challenge is to make a card with stars.  Yesterday's card would have been great except it took me 11 minutes.  I'll tell you, 10 minutes is not very long--LOL!  Decided to really simplify things & sure enough, hubby timed this card to take 6 minutes & 59 seconds--yah!  Now I have a card ready for next year!  All these stamps are old unmounted rubber that I attach to my acrylic block with Poster Tape.  I don't know the company for the fireworks but the others are by Art Impressions, an Oregon company where I taught some classes until they closed their retail store about 10 years ago.  I added Stickles to the fireworks & the stars--very pretty in person but I couldn't get it to show very well in a picture.  This is my second card for the Simon Says Stamp patriotic challenge.  Have to work this morning, but I'll be visiting your blogs soon.  Thanks for stopping by again.

17 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July Greta, love your card and how you used stickles to gave a different accent.
    Thanks for playing with us in the 10 minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize those stars! They are in my collection too! How cool! I love the layout and how you used the red white and blue. This is a great card Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the 4th of July! Thank you for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so fun and patriotic, Greta. Love the addition of stickles- it's the perfect finishing touch!

    Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great 10 minute dash card!!!Very pretty!Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes, I have never made a card in 10 minutes...way to go and such a beauty. I love the simplistic sentiment and all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the sparkle! I'm impressed! 10 minutes and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th of July, Greta! Hope your day is filled with celebrations and fireworks! And speaking of fireworks: fantastic card! You've accomplished 'the dash' in remarkable time with outstanding results!! Huge round of applause for you!! We're off to see my family today; will be watching for more of your eye-candy treats over the weekend!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 4th of July! Your card is so festive...I love your stamps and that bit of silver, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER 4t of July card Greta, I like your sparkly stars! Poor little Max is having a rough time with the fireworks, firecrackers and LOUD cherry bombs. Hope Keesha is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Greta :) your card has a wonderful fresh feeling. beautiful! happy July 4th to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one too my dear Greta!
    Hope you were able to enjoy your 4th ;-)
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  13. just delightful Greta. Hope you had a great day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous - love the colours and design :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super pretty! I love the sparkle!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.