Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gift Bag to Enjoy

Flower Parcel Tape
Credit: Pinterest
With so many challenges  out there I've been feeling overwhelmed trying to decide what ones I want to do. But it's never a question when there's a PTI challenge since I have such a huge wishlist!  Today's 6th anniversary contest is to create a wrap, tag or gift packaging inspired by a photo on Pinterest or another site.  With time short I just checked out Nichole's "Special Delivery" board & found this wonderful kraft, brown & white package.  Immediately I thought of my Background Basics: Medallions stamp set I just used for the last card.  Since I have lots of kraft bags saved from when a stamp store used to put purchases in them, I decided to make use of one.  My tag qualifies for this week's MIM Diecut Double-Up--yah, 2 for 1!  PTI announced today that they're going to carry Zing ep, which I love & have quite a few colors already, including the Chestnut I used today.  The medallions were pretty easy to line up so I could get the length strips I needed.  I've really gotten into felt flowers so I grabbed my brown & white felt & die cut a Spellbinders Blossom Three & the PTI Snowflake Flurries.  The layers are glued together with fabric glue & a button tied with dark & light twine embellishes the center.  For the tag I did the Double-Up with Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles & the tree from Trendy Tree Tops.  I didn't layer it because I wanted the kraft bag to show through.  The sentiment is from Lovely Layers.  I had such fun putting this together & I'm really happy with the finished product--can't wait for an occasion to use it!  Hope your weekend is going well. My thoughts are with those of you digging out from the East Coast blizzard--we're not complaining about our rain!  Thanks for taking time to check out my blog.

8 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful take on the "pinspiration" photo, Greta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, Greta! I love your take on the decorated washi tape! Your gift bag is gorgeous with the stamped strips and flowers! we finally dig ourselves out of the knee-high snow (LOL)!! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Greta. Love the washi tape you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your taped gift bags and the negative tag looks so effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your gift bag is inspired, greta!! i especially like how you used just the trunk die cut from trendy tree topss to cut the negative image into the tag... it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gift bag, Greta! Great way to dress up a kraft bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.