Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Florals

This month's challenge at Stampendous! is to create projects using floral stamps.  I used Stampendous! flowers for both of my cards.  The first one uses the Cling Agapanthus Cluster that I recently purchased.  I've admired many of Rosemary's CAS cards with the sentiment stamped over the flowers & had that design in mind when I bought the stamp.  I used Distress Ink shaded lilac & the Hero Arts sentiment is stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray.
For my second card I wanted to use a non-holiday stamp to make a holiday card.  I used a flower from one of my first clear stamp sets called Bold Blossoms & I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I've inked it.  I started by inking the panel with Distress Inks festive berries & evergreen bough.  The flower is then stamped in Versamark & embossed with Stampendous! shabby white embossing enamel.  I would never have thought it could be used for a lined image until I saw some samples by the DT.  I really love this look!  I brushed on some Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz Frost, but it's kind of wasted other than it blended the 2 inks.  The sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black is one of my favorite's--a woodblock Stampendous! stamp.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Joann's white satin ribbon & some Recollections pearls to complete the card.  
Tomorrow is the last day to enter the challenge, so better hurry if you want to play along.  Thank you so much for coming by & letting me know your thoughts.  I really appreciate it.  

10 comments:

  1. Hello Greta
    Your first card in the Lilac and Smoky Grey is just stunning; it is fresh, clean and very pretty.
    Your second has a completely different feel; the beautiful texture adds a rich quality, and so much movement is established by your embossing enamel.
    Both cards are well designed Greta.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! both cards are just beautiful, greta! i love the overstamping (of course!) on the first one and the bold colors you used on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful Greta! I love the pretty colors you used on the first one and the frosty effect is fabulous on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful, Greta! Love the first one with the layering stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Greta. I recognised the first straight away... it's sitting on my book case! It is a stunner.
    Love the sparkle on your second one. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty, Greta! I love the Christmas card! So sparkly and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta, what a GORGEOUS take on Rosemary's numerous lovely CAS cards! The stamping and design are FABULOUS! Also love your festive Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing all your wonderful techniques and paper adventures! These cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely cards , the blue one is my personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.