Sunday, August 19, 2012

End of a fun day!

A welcome change in the weather here with overcast & in the 60s this morning.  Steve finished up some outside painting & I got my card started.  Sun came out about noon & we headed to the lake.  Didn't have to rush home since I'm off tomorrow (LOVE being part-time now!), so we had dinner on the lake!  They make a great chicken fried steak at the Marina snack bar, so we came in long enough to get the food & then back out on the lake to eat--so fun!  Just before we headed home we saw this incredible cloud in the perfectly blue sky, so I snapped a picture.
I was able to finish up my PTI MIM card to use stitching with stamping HERE.  My leaves are from Rosie Posie & were inked with Memento Peanut Brittle, Potter's Clay & Morocco, then spritzed with water before stamping & cut out using the matching dies.  I painted them with Shimmer Spritz Copper watered down to keep it from being too dark.  The sentiment is also PTI--Lovely Layers--stamped in Distress Ink gathered twigs.  I finally took the advice to buy sprigs of silk flowers & cut them apart as needed.  These were 75% off at JoAnn's, so super inexpensive.  I sprayed them with the same Shimmer Spritz & added pearls.  The negative die cut is Spellbinders Labels  18 & the embossing folder is Stampin' Up by Sizzix.  I'm so glad to have one Thanksgiving card done as that holiday seems to always sneak up on me.  Thanks for all your sweet comments that really do make my day.  Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Hello Greta.
    This is such an unusual design, your leaves have the rustic feel of Autumn, and stitching the vein adds the texture. The negative die-cut is a stark contrast against your embossed frame, it catches you unaware, but it allows the eye to focus in on the sentiment. Great card.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumn card, Greta! Great details with the stitching on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully designed card Greta. The leaves are fabulous. Such wonderful texture. Superb card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card and I love the picture you took of the cloud. sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love being part-time also...can't figure out how I still end up there as much as I do. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all, what a gorgeous snapshot you have posted. Really, what a wonderful view you have in your part of the country. Secondly, this card is really a beauty. It is just a perfect little piece that reminds me of a special accent pillow. And, I love that embossing you have included....really cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful autumn tones with touches of gold! The layered negative die cut adds terrific dimension as well as creating a great frame for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another beautiful fall card, greta! love the stitching on the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the beauty of working part time!! Hubby and I both only work PT now and love the freedom of doing things together during the week-almost feels like playing hooky:). We've so enjoyed being "tourists" right in the area where we live this summer! Love the pic you shared of those cotton candy clouds against that magnificent blue sky! Your card design is wonderful! The stitching on the leaves is a great detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool cloud, Greta! I love this autumn card. So smart of you to spray them with the mist. I gotta remember that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is my comment after all. I love all the textures of this card. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.