Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cards for Friends

For some reason I always think I have plenty of time to make Easter cards after Valentine's Day & then I never get as many done as I intend to!  A couple made it to the recipients, so I'm sharing them today.
The first one uses my favorite Penny Black stamp called christmas star.  After watching Elizabeth Allan's coloring video "here" (she should be a teacher!) I used a coupon to get a package of the Brushstix and gave it a try.  Coloring is not my forte, (at all!) but even I was able to use her technique.  The inks are Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson, Pearlescent Beige & VersaMagic Pink Petunia.  I finished by brushing on Shimmer Spritz.  Penny Black simple scroll is stamped on the background & the embossing folder is Sizzix for SU.

The second card was the first one made with my new Memory Box Easter egg die.  I used some old glitter paper & at first I threw out the little pieces.  Then I realized I could mix & match them, so I went through the wastebasket (all it has are pieces from diecuts (LOTS of little pieces of paper!) & found all but one--amazing!  The colors aren't very good in the photo, but it is bright pink with green & blue with purple.  The spellbinder die always reminds me of an Easter basket so I used it along with the Penny Black simple scroll (instead of grass).  The greeting is TPC Studio.

Wishing all of you a blessed Easter weekend with family & friends.  Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. Both your cards are lovely. I know how good the second one looks in person! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta
    Two Beautiful Easter Cards, the first is crisp and clean, with the wonderful over sized flower head, against your textured Bg, and then the solid Purple it is a WOW from me.
    The second is more Traditional, and I agree that die is just like a basket.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta you rocked the Brushstix technique! Two fabulous beauties! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy... what gorgeous Easter cards, greta! love, love, love the one you made using Christmas Star! the coloring is soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know you had a blog. It's so pretty! And I love both your cards! The first one is just stunning and the second is such a fun design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.