Sunday, March 25, 2012

Shabby Chic

 

My 3rd post today--only because the computer goes for a tune-up in the morning & I can't be sure when we'll get it back.  I didn't want to miss Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge "here"  which is a sketch this week.  Decided to try & use some of my printed papers.  I tend to buy it & not use it, but I've been inspired by so many cards lately that incorporate beautiful papers.  Shabby Chic is not my style, per se, but thought I'd give it a try for a soft, feminine card.  The papers are Colorbok and the lace with pearls was on super sale when the Joann's moved to their new building.  Just wish I could have gotten more of it!  I used the 2 step butterfly from Flourishes Fanciful Flourishes set and the Ivy die is by Memory Box.  I inked all the edges & there are Stickles on the butterfly & the background roses (sorry I couldn't get it to show taking the picture tonight.)  Hope you've had a lovely weekend & thanks for visiting my blog--I appreciate each of you!

8 comments:

  1. so very pretty Greta. This is just incredible. Love how you can do such different genres of cards so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabby chic and more!!! Goregous design with the die cut flourishes and pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the shabby chic look and you did it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous card Greta! Love the distressed edges and the vintage feel...plus the butterfly is a perfect touch too! Thank you so much for playing the Sketch! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shabby chic card, greta!! the butterfly is so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Greta! Such beautiful soft patterns and colors. Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.